Darrick Wood Junior School


Admissions Arrangements 2023-24

Parents and carers wanting their child to attend Darrick Wood Junior School should contact the local authority for details of how to apply, or visit the School Admissions pages (linked below) of the Bromley website where the appropriate forms (either ‘Infant to Junior transfer application form’ or ‘Primary in-year transfer form’ depending on the circumstances of the application) can be downloaded.


SOLA Admissions Arrangements September 2023


London Borough of Bromley - Applying for a school place

Admissions Arrangements 2024-25

SOLA Admission Arrangements September 2024

There are 96 places in each Year Group.

Under normal circumstances, all children attending Darrick Wood Infant School will be able to transfer to the Junior School. 

Applications are invited for any remaining places from parents of children attending other Infant or Primary Schools. 

If there are more applications than places available then places will be allocated using the following criteria:

  1. Looked After Children (LAC) – those who are in the care of a Local Authority or who are provided with accommodation by that authority, or children who were previously in the care of the Local Authority
  2. Children with, or living with family members who have, acute medical or social needs
  3. Pupils in attendance at Darrick Wood Infant School (Year 2 to Year 3 transfer applications)
  4. Siblings in the mainstream school: sibling refers to brother or sister, half brother or sister, adopted brother or sister, step brother or sister, or the child of the parent/carer’s partner, and in every case, the child should be living in the same family unit at the same address. The elder sibling must attend the same school named on the application and must already/still be on roll at the school when the younger child starts school.
  5. Children of staff at a SOLA school.
  6. Proximity: children who live nearest to the School when measured in a straight line from the child’s home address to the School’s front entrance using the Local Authority’s computerised measuring system.

Occasionally, for a variety of reasons, parents wish their child to change schools at other times.  If you wish to apply for a place at this school mid-year, please complete a ‘Primary in-year transfer form’ (available on the website above) and send it to the Bromley Admissions team.

Where the school receives a request for a place for a child mid-year, the Headteacher will follow the agreed protocol amongst schools to ensure that the award of a place at this school is appropriate. At the very least this will involve a conversation with the Headteacher of the child’s current school.