Admissions Arrangements 2021-22
Parents and carers wanting their child to attend Darrick Wood Junior School should contact the local authority for details of how to apply, or visit the School Admissions pages of the Bromley website where the appropriate forms (either ‘Infant to Junior transfer application form’ or ‘Primary in-year transfer form’ depending on the circumstances of the application) can be downloaded.
Admissions Arrangements 2022-23
There are ninety places in each Year Group.
Under normal circumstances, all children attending Darrick Wood Infant School will be able to transfer to the Junior School.
Applications are invited for any remaining places from parents of children attending other Infant or Primary Schools.
If there are more applications than places available then places will be allocated using the following criteria:
- Looked After Children (LAC) – those who are in the care of a Local Authority or who are provided with accommodation by that authority, or children who were previously in the care of the Local Authority
- Children with, or living with family members who have, acute medical or social needs
- Pupils in attendance at Darrick Wood Infant School (Year 2 to Year 3 transfer applications)
- The Sibling Criterion – children who will have a brother/sister, half-brother/sister, adopted brother/sister or step-brother/sister at the school at the beginning of their first term. The sibling criterion operates across the Darrick Wood Infant and Junior Schools*.
- Children of staff at a SOLA school.
- The Proximity Criterion – proximity of the home in relation to the school as measured in a straight line from the front door of the home to the front door of the school as calculated by the Local Authority.
*Please note that the sibling criterion does not extend between Darrick Wood Junior School and Darrick Wood (Senior) School. Attendance at this school will not have any effect on the outcome of applications to the Senior School.
Occasionally, for a variety of reasons, parents wish their child to change schools at other times. If you wish to apply for a place at this school mid-year, please complete a ‘Primary in-year transfer form’ (available on the website above) and send it to the Bromley Admissions team.
Where the school receives a request for a place for a child mid-year, the Headteacher will follow the agreed protocol amongst schools to ensure that the award of a place at this school is appropriate. At the very least this will involve a conversation with the Headteacher of the child’s current school.