Vision & Values
Shared School Vision
Our vision is of a school where all children:
- grow into confident young people who are passionate about learning;
- are positive about their own skills and abilities;
- relish challenge and aspire to excellence in all that they do;
- are responsible citizens who are committed to making positive choices and contributing fully to life in school and beyond.
At DWJS we aim to improve life opportunities for all of our children and make every school day count.
By establishing a positive and supportive learning culture and a vibrant, safe and happy environment, we strive to ensure that everything we do has a positive impact on our children.
Our shared values were written by school leaders alongside pupils, parents and staff at DWJS.
We all strive to ensure that our values are evident in everything that we do and achieve individually and collectively as a school community.
- At Darrick Wood Junior School we value respect – respect for ourselves and for others
- At Darrick Wood Junior School we value learning – we believe that learning should last a lifetime
- At Darrick Wood Junior School we value friendship – friends bring out the best in each other
- At Darrick Wood Junior School we value kindness – no act of kindness is ever wasted
- At Darrick Wood Junior School we value equality – everyone matters here
- At Darrick Wood Junior School we value honesty – being truthful builds trust and integrity